200 ml (¾ C) water
2.5 ml (½ t) salt
250 ml (1 C) instant couscous
15 – 30 ml (1 – 2 T) butter
1 carrot, finely sliced
500 ml (2 C) baby spinach
1 avocado, cubed
1 x 385 g bottle Rhodes Diced Beetroot
salt and freshly ground black pepper
30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
5 ml (1 t) Dijon Mustard
80 ml (⅓ C) olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely crushed
5 ml (1 t) sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the water, butter and salt into a medium saucepan and bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove the water from the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to break the couscous apart.
- Leave to cool.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the couscous, carrot, spinach and the avocado.
- Season the salad to taste.
- Add the Rhodes Beetroot and lightly toss again.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until well blended.
- Season the dressing to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour a little dressing over the salad and serve the remainder on the side.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.rhodesquality.com