30 ml chopped spring onions
1 cup chopped kale, rinsed
Splash of oil
1 tbsp butter
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
Salt and milled pepper
1 cup cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
30 – 45 ml hummus
Handful of fresh basil
- Mix together the eggs, spring onions and chopped kale. Season.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the pan and swirl to cover. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until it sets, and then carefully turn it over and briefly cook the other. Repeat.
- Sauté the mushrooms in butter and add garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushrooms are tender, turn off the heat and add the cooked rice. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Fill the egg and kale wraps with the rice mixture, add a dollop of hummus and a few basil leaves and serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.spekkorice.co.za